Leading a Learning Community
Alberta’s Principal Quality Standards outline that an effective principal that leads a learning community “nurtures and sustains a school culture that values and supports learning.”
- Promotes and models lifelong learning for students, teachers and other staff
- Fosters a culture of high expectations for students, teachers and other staff
- Promotes and facilitates meaningful professional development for teachers and other staff
- Facilitates meaningful parental involvement and ensures they are informed about their child’s learning and development.
What others say:
- "Your session was fabulous, I have so many take a ways and am excited to go back to my school and give Daily 3 Math a try."
- "Vicky is always willing to support my new learning!"
- "Vicky is patient and excellent at working through new learning at my pace!"
- "I learned many new strategies and ideas to use in the classroom. Terrific instructor..."
- " Very informative presentation and great for student learning."
- "I was extremely pleased with all aspects of this course.... Presenters were very knowledgeable and approachable..."
- "Vicky's classroom is amazing and her teaching is incredibly inspiring. Her positive attitude and spirit are a great attribute to this staff."
- Actively presenting at a variety of conferences. ie Learning and Innovation Summit March 2016
- Active presenter and committee member of the Central Alberta 21st Century Technology and Learning Symposium
- Instructional Coach, modelling and supporting teachers with the implementation of effective literacy strategies and learning culture
- Technology Coach, modelling and supporting teachers with purposeful integration of technology into their classroom and curriculum
- Being a part of a highly, successful collaborative school PD team. This team consists of both administrators, instructional/technology coach and inclusion coach
- Lead teacher for a collaborative team project, U21C, to integrate technology K-4 in a purposeful way
- Collaborate with Diamond Team to create a yearly Education Plan
- Trainer and co-author for Building Readers - early reading intervention program
- Contribute to active twitter streams to encourage professional development and build a learning community. #irepd- is a place where we can share great pedagogy with each other for professional development and #iele: To share our stories with parents and the community and to reflect on best practices, we use Excellent Learning Environments hashtags-- #iele1, #iele2, #iele3, #iele4, #iele5, #iele6, #iele7, #iele8, #iele9, #iele10, #iele11, #iele12